Snapdrop, a peer-to-peer file-sharing platform, is one of the most popular services for wireless file sharing between different devices. It allows you to easily share files between different devices without any additional app, extension, or sign-up. However, Snapdrop doesn’t work sometimes.
But, Snapdrop is not the only option for wireless file transfer. Fortunately, there exist many other secure, fast, and reliable Snapdrop alternatives as well that are free and open source.
Throughout the article, you’ll discover incredible peer-to-peer file-sharing platforms that work just like Snapdrop for wireless file transfer.
Table of Contents
7 Best Snapdrop Alternatives
While various wireless file-sending platforms are available, choosing a secure and reliable service is challenging. So, I did the research for you, so you don’t have to worry about your data privacy.
These wireless file transfer platforms provide enhanced security to make file transfers more secure and quick.
Let’s explore these Snapdrop alternatives for wireless file sharing:
Availability: Web version
Sharedrop is the best alternative to Snarpdrop. It’s also a free and open-source P2P file-sharing service. You can transfer files of unlimited size between different devices connected to the same network.
You don’t need to install any mobile app or desktop application to transfer large files. Its web-based version provides a secure and fast way to send files to any other device.
In Sharedrop, the file transfer process works the same as in Snapdrop. Whether you want to transfer files from mobile to mobile, mobile device to PC, or vice versa, Sharedrop is a perfect solution.
Moreover, you can share multiple files between Android and iOS devices as well if they’re connected to the same network.
User manuals and owners guides refers to the documents that provide information and instructions on how to use, operate, maintain, and repair various products, such as machines, devices, tools, or systems. Manualmachine.com has a large collection of manuals for different brands, categories, and types of products, which users can browse, view, and download.
How to Share Files Using Sharedrop?
Follow the given steps to share files wirelessly using Sharedrop:
- First, make sure you connect devices to the same local network
- Open the Sharedrop.io website on both devices
- Wait for the receiver device to appear on the ShareDrop page
- Once appeared, click on the receiver device Avatar and select your desired file
- After selecting the file, click on Send in the confirmation box
- A pop-up will appear on the receiver device, click Save to save the file on your device
Availability: Web Version
Rdrop is a simple and easy-to-use file transfer service. It also offers similar features to those offered by other file-sharing services. It doesn’t compress your files means the receiver will get the original file without any quality loss.
There is no file size limit and doesn’t require signing up. Make sure both devices are connected to the same WiFi network, otherwise this service will not work. It provides a convenient way to share data from one android device to another.
It generates a unique code and QR code once you upload your files. This is the easiest and fastest way to transfer files between different devices.
How to File Transfer Using Rdrop?
Follow the given steps to share files wirelessly using Rdrop.link:
- Open the Rdrop website on the sender’s device.
- Click on DROP FILES HERE to select your desired files, or simply drop them here
- Once the file is selected, a unique code and QR code will be generated
- Open the same website on the receiver’s device, or simply scan the QR code
- Type the code in Receive Files box
- The files, shared by the sender, will appear once both devices are connected which you can save into your device
3. Send Anywhere
Availability: Web Version & Android app
Send Anywhere is another popular wireless file transfer application to transfer files across different devices. You can share any type of file securely and quickly using this service.
It provides end-to-end encryption that makes it a secure and reliable tool for sharing important files. So, you can send any kind of file including PDF files, media files, apk files, recorded videos, and other files.
Also, there is no limit on file size. You can send as many large files as you like.
Furthermore, Send Anywhere doesn’t require both devices to be connected to the same WiFi network. It generates a unique six-digit code to send files to a receiver device.
How to Share Files Using Send Anywhere?
Follow the given steps to share files using Send Anywhere:
- Open the SendAnywhere website on the sender’s device
- Click on the Plus icon (+) to select your desired file to share
- Then, click on Send button
- A unique six-digit code will be generated for only 10 minutes
- Now, open the SendAnywhere website on the receiver’s device
- Type the six-digit code in Receive section. Alternatively, you can scan the QR code as well
- The file will start saving to your device
4. Toffee Share
Availability: Web version & Android app
Toffee Share is another simple and user-friendly peer-to-peer file-sharing service. You can directly transfer your large files to other devices quickly. They don’t put any limit on file size which makes it a perfect Snapdrop alternative.
There is no third-party app or software involved while sending files. You don’t need to worry about data privacy as they store nothing. Your data is end-to-end encrypted to make sure the receiver will only be able to access it.
You don’t need to install any app or extension to start sharing files and doesn’t require registration as well. Overall, it’s a fast, reliable, and secure file transfer platform.
How to Share Files Using ToffeeShare?
Follow the given instructions to wirelessly share files using ToffeeShare:
- Open the ToffeeShare website on the sender’s device, use any web browser
- Click on the Plus icon (+) to select the file, you want to share
- A unique link and QR code will be generated after successfully uploading a file
In case the devices are not connected to the same network, you can use this link to download files, shared by the sender. Make sure you have a fast internet connection so you can download larger files quickly.
However, if the devices are connected to the same local network then, follow the given steps:
- Tick mark the box Share with nearby devices, a 4-digit code will be generated
- Open the ToffeeShare website on the receiver’s device
- Navigate to the Nearby Devices tab > enter a 4-digit number
- All the files, shared by the sender, will be displayed which you can save to your device
- The transfer speed will depend on your active internet connection
Availability: Web app
PairDrop is a new peer-to-peer web-based file transfer application just like Snapdrop that allows users to securely share files across different devices. You can quickly and easily transfer files of any size to your other devices.
PairDrop is secure and highly protected, so your data will remain safe. Like Snapdrop, it also uses WebRTC technology to send files.
The service does not require any installation or registration to send data. These all features make it the best Snapdrop alternative.
How to Share Files Using PairDrop?
Follow the steps given below to bulk transfer files wirelessly using PairDrop:
- Both devices must be connected to the same WiFi network
- Open the PairDrop website on both devices
- In the sender device, click on the receiver’s device Name to start sharing files
- Now, select the files you want to share from your device
- In the receiver device, click on Accept to save files to your device
Price: Free & paid plans are also available
Availability: Web version & Android app
WeTransfer is one of the most popular and oldest file transfer applications with thousands of positive reviews. It enables users to send large files anywhere with a few clicks only.
This service provides high-end security to prevent your data from being accessed by an unauthorized person. There is no limit to the size of data you can share. However, the free version is limited to 2GB only.
You can also install its application on your android devices as well to make the transfer process more easy and quick. Moreover, it has an online storage feature as well.
Overall, WeTransfer is a great alternative to Snapdrop to transfer files across different platforms. It doesn’t require both devices to be connected to the same network for file transfer.
How to Transfer Files Using WeTransfer?
Follow the given steps to wirelessly share files using WeTransfer:
- Open the WeTransfer website on the sender’s device
- Click on the Plus icon (+) to select the desired files or folders which you want to share
- Now, enter the email address of the person you want to send the files to in the Email to field
- After that, enter your email address in the Your Email field. You can type any message as well however, it’s optional.
- Once done, click on the Transfer button to send the file
- It may ask you to verify your email address once you hit the Transfer button
If you don’t want to send an email to the person, you can generate a unique link as well which you can share with anyone to get that file. To do this, follow the given steps:
- After uploading a file, click on three dots (…) located at the left side of the Transfer button
- Then, select Get transfer link option
- After that, click on Get Link button to generate a unique link
Availability: Web version
Wormhole is another easy-to-use and simple file-sharing platform to transfer files between devices anywhere. You can send a file of up to 10 GB using this amazing peer-to-peer service.
Your uploaded data is end-to-end encrypted. It generates a unique link to your uploaded files that expires after a specified period of time. As it only offers a web-based version, it transfers files from any type of operating system.
You can transfer files quickly no matter where the receiving device is located. Its simple user interface makes it the best Snapdrop alternative to share files across different platforms.
How to Share Files Using Wormhole?
Follow the given steps to share files using Wormhole:
- Navigate to the Wormhole website on the sender’s device
- Click on Select files to send in order to choose the files you want to share
- After selecting files, a unique link will be generated to share your file
- You can change the link expiry time manually, such as 12 hours or after a certain number of downloads
- Now, share the link with anyone you want to send files to
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Snapdrop Not Working?
Snapdrop may not work for several reasons including network issues, browser compatibility issues, or a problem with the Snapdrop server. Furthermore, ensure that both devices are located close to each other.
What is The Alternative to Toffee Share File Transfer Tool?
Some best alternatives to Toffee Share are Snapdrop, Sharedrop, and rDrop for file transfers. These peer-2-peer data sharing platforms allow users to send big files directly from one device to other. Also, these services are free and don’t require sign-up as well.
Are Snapdrop Alternatives Safe to Use?
Snapdrop alternatives are safe as long as you’re using a reliable and secure platform to share your important files with others. You may lose data if you use an insecure file transfer service that doesn’t provide security features like end-to-end encryption.
Can I Send a Large File With These Snapdrop Alternatives?
Yes, these services allow you to send large files. There is no limit to the size of the files. However, it’ll take a long time to upload and download larger files, especially if you have a slow internet connection.
No doubt Snapdrop is a great file-sharing service but these Snapdrop alternatives also offer great features to improve your file-sending experience. You can choose the one that best suits your needs.
All these wireless file transfer services provide a secure and efficient way to transfer files between multiple devices, such as mobile devices, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers. However, the file sending and receiving speed also depends on your internet connection.
There are many other major platforms as well like CM Transfer, Air Share Lite, and Share Apps that allow you to transfer data across devices.
I hope you found these alternatives helpful and learned something new. If so, share it with others as well so they can also get benefit from this guide.