Users are currently experiencing difficulties locating the reels option in the Facebook, social media platform, due to recent updates. They’re unable to find the reels section on a news feed.
These changes have impacted many Facebook app users. However, it’s not a permanent issue and can be solved with a few simple methods.
If you also can’t access the reels, I’ve listed multiple solutions to show the Facebook reels feature. Just follow them one after the other and resolve the Facebook Reel issue.
Where Can You Find The Reels Option on Facebook?
When Facebook launched Reels, it was easily accessible from the News Feed through a dedicated Reels section. Now, the Reels option is moved to the Videos tab. Also, you can find the Reels shortcut in the menu ≡ section of the Facebook app.
To show Facebook Reels:
- Method 1: Launch the Facebook app > Go to the Videos tab > tap on Reels, located at the top of the page.
- Method 2: Tap the menu ≡ icon at the top-right corner > Tap the See More button if the Reels option doesn’t appear > Select Reels.
Following any one of these two methods will get you to the Facebook Reels section in the mobile app.
To access Facebook Reels on a desktop browser:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on the Videos option, located on the left side of the News Feed.
- On the left menu, you’ll find the Reels option. Simply click on it to open it.
Just follow this simple method to open up Reels on your desktop if the Facebook Reels are not showing up for you.
Table of Contents
7 Fixes For Facebook Reels Are Not Showing
If the Reels still do not appear even after following the above methods, you should follow some effective solutions to resolve the Facebook Reel issue.
Follow these 7 fixes to show Facebook Reels:
1. Disable Data Saver Mode
The Data Saver feature in the Facebook app compresses images and disables auto-play videos and Reels to save internet data usage. It can sometimes prevent Facebook Reels from appearing. Simply disable it from Media Settings and refresh the Feed to show up Reels
If the data saver feature is enabled in your Facebook Privacy settings, it may interfere with the Reels feature. As a result, Facebook Reels won’t show up.
Follow these simple steps to disable it:
- Open the Facebook app.
- Go to the Menu ≡ section.
- Tap Settings & Privacy > Select Settings option.
- Select Media > Check Optimized to disable Data Saver.
- Refresh the News Feed section to show up Reels.
Moreover, make sure you have a stable internet connection to smoothly watch Facebook Reels otherwise, connect to a high GHz WiFi connection. Internet connectivity issues can also cause this frustrating issue.
2. Clear The Facebook App Cache
Facebook uses cached files to remember user preferences and provide information quickly. However, these cache files can become outdated, and stop you from showing the Reels. Just clear the Facebook cache from App Settings and re-open it to access the Reels option
After clearing the Facebook app cache from phone settings, the corrupt cache files will be flushed and fresh data will be fetched from the server including Reels.
This method is also very useful to fix other random issues as well such as an Instagram story unavailable glitch.
Follow these simple steps to clear the Facebook app cache:
- Press and hold on to the Facebook app icon.
- Select an App info ⓘ option.
- Go to the Storage Usage section.
- Tap on the Clear Cache button.
- Re-launch the Facebook app and enjoy Reels.
- Tap and hold the Facebook app icon.
- Select Remove App.
- Again, tap Remove App to confirm.
- Re-install the Facebook from the App Store.
- Now, Reels should appear on your Facebook.
3. Join Facebook Beta Program (Only Android)
Facebook officially rolled out the Reels feature in 2021, however, if the Reels option is not showing for you, you should join the Facebook Beta program to access this feature. Simply go to the Play Store, become a beta tester, and open the app to find the Reels section.
This will also enable you to exclusively access the newly added features firsthand on your Android device. Application issues may occur due to an unstable version.
However, iPhone users can’t enjoy this functionality for now.
Follow these steps to Join Facebook Beta and resolve the Facebook Reels issue:
- Search for Facebook on Google Play Store.
- Scroll down and tap Join under Join the beta.
- Select Join again to confirm a beta tester.
- Wait a bit and open the Facebook Beta app.
- Reels will appear on your News Feed.
4. Update The Facebook App
The old Facebook app version may have bugs that are interfering with the Reels feature. Simply visit the App Store or Google Play Store, search for the Facebook app, and install the updated version. Now, open it, scroll down a bit, and Facebook will start showing you the Reels option.
The new version will fix the existing app issues and also provide extra features. So, you should make sure your Facebook app is up-to-date with the latest version.
Follow the steps to update your Facebook App:
- Go to the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Search the Facebook app.
- Tap on the Update button, if available.
- Once it’s updated, open the Facebook app again.
- You should now see the Facebook Reels section.
5. Re-install Facebook App
Sometimes, due to faulty data or bug issues, the Reels feature won’t show up. To fix this issue, completely remove the Facebook app, Go to the Play Store or App Store, and install the app again. Now, open the app and Facebook Reels will appear on your News Feed and in the Videos tab.
After reinstalling the Facebook app on your mobile device, the cookies, and cache files will automatically be flushed. Moreover, the browser cache, websites you browsed while using a Facebook mobile browser, will also be removed.
This method is powerful enough to resolve these types of technical glitches. After that, you should be able to access Reels easily.
Follow these simple steps to re-install the Facebook App:
- Long press the Facebook app icon.
- Tap on Uninstall 🗑.
- Select Uninstall again to confirm.
- Install the Facebook app again from Play Store.
- Now, You should see the Reels section in the Videos tab
- Tap and hold the Facebook App icon
- Select the Delete App option
- Confirm Delete App to uninstall it
- Install the Facebook app again from App Store
- Go to the Videos tab, you’ll find the Reels option there
6. Check Facebook Server Status
Facebook Server may go down due to maintenance, or technical issues. If the server is down, many of the Facebook features including Reels won’t work. In this case, wait until servers become available and try accessing the Reels feature again.
You can use any of the following websites to check Facebook status globally:
If you see a message saying that “Facebook is down” then, you need to wait until the servers become available. As Facebook is a popular platform, they’re consistently improving their systems, and hence, server outages can occasionally occur.
Meanwhile, this feature will be unavailable but after the issue is resolved, you’ll be able to access the reels section.
7. Contact The Facebook Support Team
Get professional assistance from the expert Facebook team to resolve the Reels issue. Go to the Facebook Help Center, explain your problem with Facebook Reels, and send it. They will get back to you soon with a solution and help you access the Reels option.
Reporting a Facebook Reel problem to the Support team is a final option to get help if all other methods fail.
Follow these steps to contact the Facebook Support team:
- Tap on the menu ≡ icon in the Facebook app.
- Scroll down and tap on Help & Support ❔.
- Select Report a Problem > Confirm Report problem.
- Tap Include in report button > Select Videos product.
- Now, explain your issue with Reels and tap Send.
- The team will reply with a solution and the Reels will show up to you.
Why Facebook Reels Are Not Showing Up?
It’s difficult to mention the exact reason behind this error.
Common reasons for Facebook Reels not showing include:
- Your Privacy settings are interfering with the Reels feature.
- Facebook has restricted your account.
- The Facebook App cache is corrupted.
- Your Facebook app version is outdated.
- The Facebook Server is down temporarily.
- Your WiFi or cellular network is weak or unstable.
While there are additional factors to consider, the above-mentioned ones are the most common potential reasons behind this Facebook Reel glitch.
However, by implementing the solutions discussed above, you should be able to access the Reels option without any issues.
How To Watch Your Reels on Facebook Profile?
To access Reels from your Facebook Profile:
- Go to the menu ≡ section on your Facebook app.
- Tap on your Name to see your Profile.
- Select the Reels option located next to the Posts just under your Profile Photo.
- You can see your own, saved, and Liked Reels there.
Please note that the Reels option might not appear on your Facebook Profile if you haven’t created any Facebook Reel yet. Simply publish a Reel on your Facebook, visit your Profile, and the Reels option will show up next to the Posts button just under your Profile picture.
It’ll not only show your own Reels, but it will also allow you to access Reels from other users that you have previously liked and saved. If you’re new to using this feature without any previous record, you’ll see a blank profile.
How To Find Facebook Reels Settings?
To access Reels Settings on the Facebook app:
- Go to the menu ≡ section on your Facebook app.
- Select Settings & Privacy ⚙️ > tap Settings
- Tap on Reels options under Audience and Visibility and make changes
You can control whether other users can share your Reels or not. Additionally, you can also hide your Facebook Reels from the public and limit their visibility to your trusted circle of friends only.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Enable Reels On Facebook App?
Facebook Reels are enabled by default, however, if you can’t access them, you need to update your Facebook app, disable data saver mode, join the beta program, re-install the Facebook app, or contact the Facebook Support team. These methods will surely enable the Reels feature.
How To Find Reels on Facebook Page?
Visit the Facebook page > tap on More > select Reels to watch the reels posted by that particular Facebook Business page.
Why Reels Are Not Showing Up on My Facebook Profile?
If you haven’t posted any Facebook Reel yet, you may not see the Reels button under your Facebook Profile. Just publish any reel and the Reels section will be enabled in your profile right next to the Posts button.
Do Facebook Reels Disappear After 24 Hours?
No, Facebook Reels do not disappear even after 24 hours. They remain in your profile until you delete them manually. This is not the case with Facebook Stories, as they automatically disappear after 24 hours.
Do Reels Appear on Facebook News Feeds?
Yes, you can find the Facebook Reels widget after scrolling down a bit on News Feed. However, the dedicated Reels section is no longer available as it used to be since it’s moved to the Videos tab. Simply, slide up on the Feed to locate the Reels widget.
How Can I See Saved Facebook Reels?
On the Facebook app, go to the menu ≡ section > select Saved to view all of your saved content including Reels. Alternatively, go to the menu ≡ > tap on your Name > Locate Reels sections next to Posts > tap Saved to view your saved reels on Facebook.
How To Unhide Reels on Facebook App?
To unhide Facebook Reels, go to the menu ≡ > expand Settings & Privacy > select Settings > tap Manage your past activity > expand Groups, Events, and Reels > select Reels. You can unhide your reels from this section.
Why My Instagram Reels Are Not Showing on Facebook?
Your Facebook and Instagram accounts must be added to the same Account Center to access Instagram reels on Facebook. To do so, go to your Facebook Page > tap Settings > Linked Accounts > Select Instagram, and connect your Instagram account to access Instagram reels directly on Facebook.
Facebook Reels is a great addition, especially for those who enjoy creating and watching short-form video content like TikTok videos. It’s an exciting feature that allows you to show off your creativity and engage with your followers.
However, sometimes the Reels might not show up on Facebook due to certain technical issues, we discussed above.
Meta, the Parent Company of Facebook owned by Mark Zuckerberg, is constantly working on adding useful features to improve the user experience.
I hope that the solutions mentioned in this article were helpful to you and you were able to access the Facebook Reels option.